Bay leaves Constituents & Medicinal Uses
Bay leaves release essential oils.
- Bay leaves are slightly bitter in taste, so they are taken out of the
dish. It is added when cooking, just to add aromatic flavor.
- It is traditional ingredient of French cuisines. It is used in the
preparations of chicken, sauces, for garnishing, added to stews and
- They are also characteristic of the cuisines of India, Brazil,
Greece, Germany, Eastern Europe, Jamaica and Scandinavia.
- During middle ages, it is thought to induce abortions and to ward off
- It is said to have many properties to treat high blood sugar,
migraine, headache, bacterial and fungal infections and gastric ulcers.
- Bay oils are used for bruising and sprain.
- Bay leaves are reported to be anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant,
anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
Disclaimer: The site does not advice you to take any action, we only provide information based on research done by various people world wide. One should consult their doctor, physician or an expert before taking any action or herbal/natural remedy mentioned on this website.