Constituents & Uses of Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds contain composition of protein, starch, sugar, mineral,
volatile oil, and enzymes. Its leaves and seeds are also rich in calcium,
iron, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Fenugreek leaves are used and cooked as green vegetable in homes.
- Its seeds are added to various cuisines to add flavor.
- It is highly valued for its medicinal uses from ancient times.
- Traditionally it is used to treat bronchial problems, tuberculosis,
gout, swollen glands, skin problems, flatulence and low libido.
- The seeds are also used as carminative, tonic, diarrhea, and chronic
cough, enlargement of liver, spleen, rickets and diabetes.
- It is also said that fenugreek seeds helps to promote milk in
- In the Middle Ages fenugreek was recommended to men's to cure
Disclaimer: The site does not advice you to take any action, we only provide information based on research done by various people world wide. One should consult their doctor, physician or an expert before taking any action or herbal/natural remedy mentioned on this website.