Constituents of Ajwain
The essential constituents of ajwain are thymol, which constitutes
35-60% of the essential oil. It also contains a-pinene, p-cymene, and
limonene and ?- terpinene.
- Ajwain seeds are used in different dishes and added to different
- Its powder is also used to add in many cooking dishes.
- It is said to have a valuable spice which appears with many
properties such as- spasmodic, germicidal, digestive, antiseptic and
- It is said to have healing powers and curative properties, as its
water is distilled to cure flatulence, indigestion and low appetite.
- Its oil is used to relieve various joint pains, and to cure wounds.
- It is taken to relieve diseases like asthma and bronchitis. It is a
good medicine for toothache, headache, earache, influenza, cold and
cough, rheumatism and mouth disorders.
Disclaimer: The site does not advice you to take any action, we only provide information based on research done by various people world wide. One should consult their doctor, physician or an expert before taking any action or herbal/natural remedy mentioned on this website.