Constituents & Uses of Clove
The oil of cloves contains eugenol (70 to 85%), eugenol acetate (15%),
and triterpene oleanolic acid.
- Cloves can be used in cooking either in ground form or as whole. It
is added to give flavor. It also makes a soothing tea.
- Cloves have historically been used in Indian cuisines and Mexican
- It is paired with cumin and cardamom in many dishes.
- Cloves have been used in ayurveda since a long time in India. It is
also used in other herbal medicines from china.
- It is thought to have carminative properties as it increases
hydrochloric acid in stomach.
- The essential oils of cloves are used in aromatherapy especially for
- Traditionally cloves have been used to treat acidity, indigestion,
diarrhea, hernia, ringworm and other fungal infections.
- Cloves are said to have positive effects on ulcers, nausea,
flatulence, cold and cough.
- Many herbalists recommend cloves for digestive complaints and its oil
Disclaimer: The site does not advice you to take any action, we only provide information based on research done by various people world wide. One should consult their doctor, physician or an expert before taking any action or herbal/natural remedy mentioned on this website.