The dietary value of Cucumber is negligible, there being upwards of 96
per cent water in its composition. The oil in the cucumber contains 22.3%
linoleic acid, 58.5% oleic acid, 6.8% palmitic acid and 3.7% stearic acid.
The fresh cucumber is a very good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and
potassium. It also contains vitamin A, vitamin B6, thiamin, folate,
pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Nutritional Value of cucumber
||% Calories from Fat
|Total Fat (g)
||% Calories from Carbohydrates
|Saturated Fat (g)
||% Calories from Protein
|Monounsaturated Fat (g)
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)
||Vitamin C (mg)
||Vitamin A (i.u.)
||Vitamin B6 (mg)
|Dietary Fiber (g)
||Vitamin B12 (mcg)
||Thiamin B1 (mg)
||Riboflavin B2 (mg)
||% Daily Value (2000 Cal diet)
||% Daily Value (2500 Cal diet)
|Total Fat (g): 0.4
|Saturated Fat (g): 0.1
|Cholesterol (mg): 0
|Sodium (mg): 6
|Carbohydrate (g): 8.3
|Dietary Fiber (g): 2.4
|Protein (g): 2.1
- They are eaten as a vegetable, raw or cooked, or made into pickled
- The cucumber is a common ingredient of salads, being valued mainly
for its crisp texture and juiciness.
- The fruit is said to be indigestible due to the high cellulose
- The leaf juice is emetic; it is used to treat dyspepsia in children.
- The seed is cooling, diuretic, tonic and vermifuge. The emulsion made
by bruising Cucumber seeds and rubbing them up with water is much used
in catarrhal infections and diseases of the bowels and urinary passages.
- The fruit is depurative, diuretic, emollient, purgative and
resolvent. The fresh fruit is used internally in the treatment of
blemished skin, heat rash etc, and also used externally as a medicine
for burns, sores.
- A decoction of the root is diuretic.
- The cucumber juice is the base of many beauty products.
- The peculiarly refreshing odour of Cucumber has found application in
- Cucumber skins have been shown to repel cockroaches in laboratory
- The fruit is applied to the skin as a cleansing cosmetic to soften
and whiten it.
Disclaimer: The site does not advice you to take any action, we only provide information based on research done by various people world wide. One should consult their doctor, physician or an expert before taking any action or herbal/natural remedy mentioned on this website.